Wing T Play: Heavy Right 28 Toss | Tackle Over
The Tackle-Over 28 Toss is a terrific way to outnumber the defense at the point of attack. ‘Tackle-Over’ will give you an extra blocker at the point of attack. The (3) back motions across the formation and which gives you an extra blocker leading the way. Many defenses aren’t prepared or they do not even adjust to the motion. Bringing over another tackle will create another gap for the defense to account for. This play is easy to install and it works very well in youth football.
Heavy Right 28 Toss | Tackle Over
Center: Block nose guard. If you are getting double A-gap defenders you can have the center block the backside A-gap defender.
LG: Step playside, cutoff.
TE: Step playside, cutoff.
1: Take snap, pitch the ball out to the (2). The pitch needs to be out by the (LT) and right to the (2). A good pitch is critical. It’s the QB’s job to get the ball to the (2). The (2) should not have to wait for the pitch.
2: Take toss, get outside.
3: Motion across, look to block the cornerback (replace the SE who is crack blocking). Motion player cannot go or lean forward until the ball is snapped.
4: Hook defensive end, maintain outside leverage.
SE: Crack outside linebacker.
Related Content: Jet Wing T Playbook for Youth Football
- A good pitch needs to be executed. If the toss is too high or too low it will throw off the timing of the play.
- The toss needs to be practice often.
- The motion player cannot go or lean forward until the ball is snapped.
- This is full speed motion, the (3) tunnel the cornerback.
- If the defense is playing man to man coverage you can have the SE just execute an outside release and run off the cornerback.